Overweight children is only one area where American parents are failing their children. With parents doing such a poor job of raising children, I think it’s time for others to follow Washington D.C.’s example and step up to the plate to help. Bastions of self control and discipline–like Washington D.C.–can’t shape the next generation alone.
Here are some suggestions where others can follow DC’s example and pitch in to help parents raise their children.
- John Edwards, Tiger Woods and Mark Sanford could tour schools together and explain the importance of fidelity.
- Bernie Madoff could teach the importance of sharing.
- John Stewart and Stephen Colbert could explain the harm caused by teasing.
- Mary Kay Letourneau and Debra Lafave could warn children about sexual abuse.
- Lindsay Lohan should scold children about underage drinking.
- John Mayer and Mel Gibson could teach racial sensitivity.
- Bristol Palin and Jamie Lynn Spears could explain the dangers of underage sex.
- Ben Bernanke and Timothy Geithner can teach the importance of savings accounts.
- A bipartisan group of Democrats and Republicans could let children know the damage done by name calling.
- Andy Dick could explain good touch/bad touch.
- President Obama could speak about the importance of keeping promises.
- Keith Olbermann and Sean Hannity could explain logical fallacies, such as the Straw Man and Appeal to Popularity.
- Kanye West could talk about the importance of waiting your turn to speak.